These special macrophotography workshops were requested by the Hermanus Botanical Society and the Hermanus Photographic Society. There are still a couple of spaces left (see dates below) but more workshops will follow... I want to limit each workshop to a maximum of 6 participants in order to be effective and ensure personal attention. (minimum 4 people)
This half-day workshop is for beginners and will cover creative and technical aspects of macrophotography, including
- overview of macro gear : lens, flash, tripod, focusing rail, macro ring & bellow, articulated arm...
- technical side of macro : aperture, depth of field (DOF), lighting
- focusing with your body
- composition : background, light & colour
- soft focus
- macro challenges & problem solving
- field practise, of course, and a lot of assistance
I promise you that after the workshop you will have a new pair of eyes trained to see and capture the macroscopic world differently!
Participants need to bring their own camera, ideally equipped with a macro lens. A tripod, flashes & macro gear are welcome too.
Dates are still provisional and will depend on the weather forecast for the Fernkloof Nature Reserve.
[ZZZ_CICode=PWS_0001|BOOK YOUR SEAT NOW|0]
- Dates :
- 22 Oct 2015 (Photographic Soc)
- 29 Oct 2015 (Botanical Soc)
- other dates on request
- Time : 9:30 for 10 am
- Location : Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus
- Group : min 4 - max 6 people + myself
- Price : R650 pp (including a copy of In Celebration of Fynbos)