A treasure trove of practical information and exquisite photography
It showcases 50 plants from the fynbos kingdom, focusing on how to use them in gardening, culinary, medicinal, healing and decorative ways. A double-page spread is dedicated to each flower and, while the emphasis remains on gardening, the practical information, ranging from how to make sundowners and iced tea to fabric dye and medicinal potions, is not only useful, but also fun.
[ZZZ_CICode=PBK_0001|ORDER THE HARD COPY|0]
[ZZZ_CICode=EBK_0001|DOWNLOAD THE EBOOK|0]
In a nutshell
- a guide to growing and using fynbos in everyday life
- a practical reference for alternative healthcare and cuisine
- dazzling photography showcasing 50 species of fynbos
- foreword written by former Environmental Affairs Minister and conservationist, Valli Moosa
Did you know
Rooibos is a fynbos species?
Wild fennel is a refreshing addition to salads?
The juice and pulp of the sour fig can be used for treating wounds, burnsand eczema?
Honeybush is good for respiratory ailments?
Wild rosemary is a hair growth stimulant and conditioner?
Sutherlandia is a great immune system booster?
This book also invites all gardening enthusiasts – young and old – to explore fynbos in an exciting new way.
- format : 210 x 210 mm, hard cover, 224 pages
- over 200 full colour photographs
- published by Struik New Holland
- hard copy sold @ R210 + postage